Children have the right to be parented. There is a duty on society, and the state, to support both parents, and children, in meeting this need. Everyday experience, and abundant scientific evidence, tell us of the importance and significance of the parent in the life of every child.
The widely leaked HIQA report into Portaloise Hospital is out now. The various pieces can be downloaded from www.hiqa.ie
- Executive Summary and Recommendations
- Full Investigation Report,
- Terms of reference of the investigation
- Members of the investigation team
- Speaking notes for press conference
The context is well known, serious failing in maternity care in Portlaoise, identified by a great team of reporters from the RTE programme PrimeTime investigates, and detailed in a very clear, and very explicit, report from Tony Holohan, the CMO.